Contents and Approach
- The new HiLEM circuit is a modified boost-buck converter circuit. In its DC link a large number of parallel PV strings can be combined and forwarded to the inverter. It has a higher efficiency than the conventional circuit variant, is intended to replace existing string combiners and increase the yield of the system. The planning of new plants should also be simplified.
- Research and representative comparison of the state of research and development.
- Design and development of a concept for an arbitrarily scalable HiLEM circuit with respect to the performance class.
- Development of the signal processing for the HiLEM shuttering to control and regulate the power section.
- Installation and commissioning of a test system on KIT's own 1 MW PV park.
- Design and development of a software model to evaluate the HiLEM circuit and its added value.
Objectives and Results
Validation of the patented HiLEM circuit for technology transfer to interested industrial partners